We left off a zero: Record your Happy Birthday Blizzard® Video for a chance to win a $250.00 gift card!
We are getting close to the end of our Operation Happy Birthday Video promotion. To keep the momentum going we decided to increase the prizes. You can win a $250.00 gift card if your video is chosen for first place; $150.00 gift card if your video is chosen as second place; and $50.00 gift card if your video is chosen third. All other videos will receive a $25.00 gift card just for entering. Hurry up and get those videos in before August 1, 2010.
How can I win?
We are inviting our fans 18 years or older with a camera, camcorder or mobile device to record and submit a video clip (no longer than one minute) with your most original, creative or funny version of you, your family, your friends or your pet singing happy birthday to the Blizzard Treat. No purchase is necessary.
Here’s an example of a recent video submission:
Can’t sing? That’s okay!
You can also rap, rhyme, dance or play your favorite instrument. That’s only scratching the tip of the creativity iceberg. Be creative, be yourself, be original and have fun! Show us how creative you can be celebrating the Blizzard Treat’s birthday in a 60-second video. So get your friends, family, pets and office workers to join in the fun!
Videos will be judged on the following criteria:
3. Adherence to theme and time limit
4. Amount of video page views generated – so remember to tell your family, friends, co-workers, teammates and neighbors to view your entry.
Okay I’m in. What’s the next step?
1. Read the Official Rules for more information about participation and eligibility.
2. Film and upload your video to YouTube.com. Your video must be uploaded to your YouTube account. If you don’t have a YouTube account, you can sign up here for a free account. Remember to promote your video to everyone you know so they view it.
3. Title your video using this provided text: “Happy Birthday Dairy Queen Blizzard.” Please also make sure to tag your video with the words: “Dairy Queen,” “Dairy Queen Blizzard” and “Happy Birthday Blizzard.”
4. Once the first three steps are completed, tell us about your video! Please use the provided form below to submit your video for inclusion in Operation Happy Birthday. This form must be submitted to be eligible for participation.
Operation Happy Birthday ends August 1.
Please read the Official Rules for more information. Operation Happy Birthday officially ends August 1, however throughout the duration, Dairy Queen will be showcasing random submitted entries on the Dairy Queen YouTube Channel, Facebook fan page and Dairy Queen blog.
The first place video will receive a $250.00 gift card. The second place video will receive a $150.00 gift card. The third place video will receive a $50.00 gift card. All other videos will receive a $25.00 gift card. Gift cards are redeemable only at participating Dairy Queen locations. Gift cards can not be used in exchange for cash. Contest void where prohibited. Prize may not be substituted for a prize of equal or lesser value. All taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner.
Beginning in August, the winning videos will be posted on the Dairy Queen blog and on the Blizzard and Dairy Queen Facebook page. One lucky video also will be chosen for a coveted spot on the DairyQueen.com homepage. Good luck and have fun!