We are bringing our celebration of the 25th birthday of the Blizzard® online and you are cordially invited to the party. Our head-turning Blizzard®mobile continues its 25 city tour across the United States and Canada giving out free new Mini Blizzards, a new size which is about half the size of a small 12 ounce Blizzard. The Mini will be available at all Dairy Queen® locations in August. But due to time constraints, we can’t be everywhere, so we offer you the next best thing: Operation Happy Birthday.
Here’s a good example:
embedded by Embedded Video
What is Operation Happy Birthday? How can I win?
Operation Happy Birthday is one of our online initiatives celebrating the 25th birthday of one of the most recognized and beloved treats, the Blizzard. We are inviting our fans 18 years or older with a camera, camcorder or mobile device to record and submit a video clip (no longer than one minute) with your most original, creative or funny version of you, your family, your friends or your pet singing happy birthday to the Blizzard Treat. No purchase is necessary.
Can’t sing? That’s okay!
You can also rap, rhyme, dance or play your favorite instrument. That’s only scratching the tip of the creativity iceberg. Be creative, be yourself, be original and have fun! Show us how creative you can be celebrating the Blizzard Treat’s birthday in a 60-second video. So get your friends, family, pets and office workers to join in the fun!
Videos will be judged on the following criteria:
3. Adherence to theme and time limit
4. Amount of video page views generated – so remember to tell your family, friends, co-workers, teammates and neighbors to view your entry.
Okay I’m in. What’s the next step?
1. Read the Official Rules for more information about participation and eligibility.
2. Film and upload your video to YouTube.com. Your video must be uploaded to your YouTube account. If you don’t have a YouTube account, you can sign up here for a free account. Remember to promote your video to everyone you know so they view it.
3. Title your video using this provided text: “Happy Birthday Dairy Queen Blizzard.” Please also make sure to tag your video with the words: “Dairy Queen,” “Dairy Queen Blizzard” and “Happy Birthday Blizzard.”
4. Once the first three steps are completed, tell us about your video! Please use the provided form below to submit your video for inclusion in Operation Happy Birthday. This form must be submitted to be eligible for participation.
Operation Happy Birthday begins April 30 and ends August 1.
Please read the Official Rules for more information. Operation Happy Birthday officially ends August 1, however throughout the duration, Dairy Queen will be showcasing random submitted entries on the Dairy Queen YouTube Channel, Facebook fan page and Dairy Queen blog.
Beginning in August, 100 winning videos will be selected based on the established criteria. The winning videos will be posted on the Dairy Queen blog and on the Blizzard and Dairy Queen Facebook page. The top 100 will each receive a $25 gift card. One lucky video also will be chosen for a coveted spot on the DairyQueen.com homepage. Good luck and have fun!